Food review: Tipsy Pig Gastropub (1/2)

Food review: Tipsy Pig Gastropub (1/2)


This is the second time I went to this place and all I can say is... “I really love their food.” 
What I’ll be sharing in this blog post is my experience for the two times I went here. 

I have always been wanting to try out their food since then. I have heard good reviews from friends who tried it which made me more eager to try out this restaurant.

On my first visit, my friend Alexa and I decided to meet up on a rainy Friday evening in BGC. To my surprise, the restaurant is full. But the manager made a way so we can get seated as soon as possible. They arranged a chair for 2 inside.

We were seated at the first floor near the bar and wasn’t able to get a chance to look through at the second floor. The place is a bit dim, more like a resto-bar. Well, just like its name, its a gastropub.

Me and my friend, Alexa

We ordered two dishes: 
  • Pulling Me Crispy
  • Half Chicken Half Amazing

P430. Pulling Me Crispy

This dish is a mix of pulled pork lechon and crispy lechon belly served with some beans and carrots with a cut of corn cob and a cup of white rice with lechon sauce on the side.

I am honestly not a fan of lechon but Alexa really liked the crispy lechon belly while I loved the pulled pork so much that I can’t get enough of it. I really recommend this dish.


P365. Half Chicken Half Amazing

So, I forgot to take a picture of this dish and I got the picture from Tipsy Pig’s Instagram account.

Like its name, this is a half chicken served in garlic and butter sauce.
As what can be seen in the picture, the actual served dish contains less garlic but still, the sauce looks like it has been mixed with soy sauce therefore creating the dark color.

We were not able to enjoy this dish so much, maybe because we finished the first dish and we were already full. We still tried it though and the taste is similar to the chicken adobo my Dad cooks but more flavorful. It is not a bad option if you’d like to eat chicken.

We also ordered some drinks to go with our food. I ordered Jack Daniels and coke while Alexa opted for the Strawberry Daiquiri.
P250. Jack Daniels and Coke mix
P170. Frozen Daiquiri in strawberry

All in all, the food is good. Their food comes in large servings (which I didn’t expect). The ambiance is great for drinking but if you prefer to catch up and have deeper conversations, I’d say opt for a quiter place because at late nights, there is a DJ playing some upbeat songs and you will not be able to really hear each other.

Food: 4.5/5
Value for money: 4/5
Ambiance: 4/5
Overall experience: 4/5

Will I return again? Yes. Can’t wait to try their other dishes. And maybe next time, I will try their signature craft beers too.

Continuation of my food review on this place will be my experience on my second visit. 

Tipsy Pig Gastropub
Locations:
📍Forbes Town, BGC
📍Capitol Commons
📍Timog, Quezon City
You may also check out their Instagram: @tipsypig_ph

Note: This is not a paid post.

Comments