Food Review: Menya Kokoro

Food Review: Menya Kokoro 


Since the pandemic started, I wasn't able to eat out at restaurants or travel so making this blog post out of my personal cravings and food deliveries.

Menya Kokoro has been memorable to me since the very first time I tried it. And this store specialized in mazesoba which means mixed noodles. It's like broth-less ramen with soba as noodles.

I was honestly craving for this food for 2 weeks and thinking about the taste make me salivate already. I just can't forget the taste of their food when I ate this months ago.

I placed my order on one of the food delivery app. I noticed the price is a bit different than how much it is when you dine but figured it will be for the packaging cost so it's okay. 

We ordered curry mazesoba (Php 430), tokyo mazesoba (Php 370), 5 pcs. gyoza (Php 190) and takoyaki (Php 160). Prices mentioned are store prices as at posting date + service charge.


The food came in a microwaveable containers which I appreciated. I had to order the food early since it's hard to order during dinner time.

The picture above shows how the food actually looks like upon delivery and I must say, they packaged it nicely (worth the additional charge). The mazesoba looks the same as how they actually serve it in the restaurant. The mazesoba also comes with the small serving of rice, mushroom soup and this set is impossible to be complete without the kombu vinegar (seaweed vinegar).

How to Mazesoba?

The mazesoba comes with the instructions how best to enjoy it but I will run you through how I liked it.

Curry mazesoba

The curry mazesoba comes with curry sauce, egg, chives, minced pork and of course, soba.

Note: Each mazesoba comes with a different level of spiciness but you can also request a non-spicy version if you're not a fan of spicy food.


First step: Mix everything altogether.

Second step: Add the kombu vinegar on the side as you please. I actually prefer to add a lot of the vinegar because it makes it even more savory. Suggest to add it little by little until you achieve your preferred taste.

Third step: Enjoy your soba.


After finishing the soba, you for sure will be left with the sauce from the soba. It's not like the soba is not enough to make you full. You for sure will be really full after eating all the soba but to maximize your mazesoba experience, do the next step.

Fourth step: Add the portion of the rice included on the side and mix it altogether.


Fifth step: Finish it!

After the fifth step, you for sure will be really full especially if you're not used to eating a lot but it sure is a different level of experience.

Other dishes:
Gyoza

Their gyoza is quite oily and maybe because it was in the container after cooking, the gyoza is not as crispy as if you will eat it in the restaurant. Regardless, their gyoza taste really good! The dipping sauce is a killer!

Takoyaki

The price is quite high considering it's Php 40/piece but I'm willing to buy this again should I ever order or dine at their restaurant. The sauce is super delicious and it's better than most takoyaki places.


All in all, the food in this restaurant never failed me and I'm so in love with the curry mazesoba so I'll just keep coming back! My tummy is not only full but happy. It just satisfies my taste buds every time. 💗

*Now, writing this post makes me crave it once again!

Menya Kokoro
Location:
📍3/F Uptown Mall, Uptown Bonifacio, BGC
Website: www.menyakokoroph.com
You may also check out their Instagram: @menyakokoroph

Note: This is not a paid post.

Comments